The 2007 publication of the Pixar movie Ratatouille presented a unique set of opportunities for academic study – a challenge which scholars have not ignored. Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of published work about the film :
● Man is a Puppet, Soul is a Rat: On Pixar’s Ratatouille in Critical Engagements: A Journal of Criticism and Theory, 2015.
● Ratatouille: An Animated Account of Cooking, Taste, and Human Evolution in Ethnos : Journal of Anthropology, Volume 76, 2011 – Issue 3
● Cooking like a Rat: Sensation and Politics in Disney-Pixar’s Ratatouille in Quarterly Review of Film and Video, Volume 31, 2014 – Issue 5
● The Jurisprudence of Ratatouille: The Rat in the Machine, or, the Equivocal Taste of Égaliberté in the International Journal for the Semiotics of Law – Revue internationale de Sémiotique juridique, December 2015, Volume 28, Issue 4, pp 843–866
● A critical review analysis about the movie Ratatouille and its impact on culinary tourism in the International Journal of Qualitative Research in Services, Volume 3, Issue 1
● Homunculus. Icon of Self, from Paracelso to Ratatuille in H-ermes. Journal of Communication, No.4, 2015