• My work as a ‘Research Researcher’ involves scouring the scholarly journals, panning the latest patent archives, and beachcombing university websites – looking for uncommonly intriguing research. Then I write about it.
• I’m currently the Rio de Janeiro Desk Chief for Improbable Research [ though oddly, I’m currently based in London ]. My profile can be found here.
• In the process so far, I’ve been responsible for discovering three sets of researchers who went on to become Ig Nobel™ prize winners for their work on …
- A patented bra that converts into two facemasks 
- The slipperiness of banana skins underfoot 
- The ‘Brand Personality’ of rocks 
• I’m also curator of the world’s first online Encyclopaedia of Unknowns called Wikenigma (it’s a publicly editable wiki like Wikipedia, but about things we don’t yet know, rather than about those we do)
And finally . . .
Some things I’m currently trying to define . . .
“An artwork is something you’d rescue from a skip even though you have no use for it”
“A philosopher is someone who tries to make sense of the world just by thinking about it”
“A genuine medicine is a chemical which cures you even when you don’t believe in it”
“A terrorist is someone who carries out crimes against humanity without the requisite governmental authorisation”